Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Temple Work

Most of you know that I have been working at the Oakland Temple as an Ordinance Worker. I have been working there since April. It has been one of the most challenging and uplifting experiences in my life. Learning the rules and layout of the Temple, along with memorizing the ordinances, has challanged me in so many ways. Many days I would come home from the Temple so drained emotionally and physically that I would cry. (those of you that know me well know that I dont admit to crying, but its true). I felt many times the Lord pushing me to try harder and do better. The reason I'm telling you this is because tomorrow is my last day. I have such mixed feelings. I cant physically go and work anymore, being hugely pregant and all. I knew once I found out I was pregnant that I would have to quit sooner or later, but it has snuck up on me before I new it. So I am happy to be leaving for such an important reason of becoming a mommy, but I will surely miss the work and the workers that I have met there. I will sure miss carpooling with the ladies. The are 96, 90, 74, and 73 years young. I have learned so many things just being around them. They crack me up. Temple work has such a new meaning to me and I hope I can always remember what I have learned.


No comments: